Wednesday, December 25, 2013

How Fragile life is?

Yesterday was 25th Of December 2013, Christmas day. Everybody was having fun and enjoying another great Christmas. We all went to church in the morning, went to meet our relations and were happily enjoying the day.

Children were playing, our parents were remembering the old days of how they used to celebrate Christmas and I was helping out to prepare for Christmas dinner.I could here music coming from some houses far away, old Christmas classics were being played, and all around I could hear laughter and happiness.



Through all of this, suddenly we were all startled by a scream, and then another. I initially thought that it was just the kids playing, but then as it grew louder I knew something was wrong. I rushed outside to see that several of our neighbors were gathering around a house of one of our neighbors. Now the screams were very clear and I also rushed to see what was the problem and how I can help in anyway.

It was then that I heard that one of our closest neighbors, who we all know had suddenly had  a heart attack. Some of the people around quickly got him in a vehicle and took him to hospital, but I later heard that he had passed away while on the way.

Then that happy Christmas day was no more the same, for the family who lost a father, a husband, a son and a brother, 25th of December will always be a day of sorrow and sadness.

This got me thinking how fragile life is, How can a man who was enjoying another great Christmas, who had been a friend of so many of us and who had so much to live can suddenly be taken away like this? It was not right... but life does move in many mysterious ways.

I wondered if I die, will I have served my purpose to this world, have I given every last bit of me to serve and be the best that I can be in every possible way, or am I going to leave this world with just living a mediocre life. I decided "No", when I die, I do not know when, I will have done the best that I can and I will serve my purpose for coming to this world. We are all born to this world to add value to life and pass through.

How fragile is life, it is very fragile, life can end anytime, but I decided that when my time comes, I will have served the reason for my being in this world and it will be my purpose, my plan and my journey that I will finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment