Thursday, June 6, 2013

Lucky to be a human

Just the other day something happened that made me realize how lucky we are to be humans. Yesterday I was having my lunch at my usual place where I go everyday to have my lunch. As usual I was having my vegetable burger and lime juice when an old lady walked into the place. Obviously any one can see from her torn cloths and the way that she looked, she was a homeless person. Everybody just seem to ignore her or moved out of the way as if repelled by her.

This lady went near the food display and was looking at the foods and from the look in her face even I at a distance could see that she was not having money to buy any food.

To all our surprise, in walked a gentleman and walked up to her and asked her something, and I could barely hear but it looked like he was asking if there was anything she liked in the display. After that she pointed out an item, then this gent wen to the counter and bought her the food item as well as some deserts ,took her to a table and asked her to enjoy the meal.

What I realized at that time was that just like everyone else this gent also had the same choices, whether to ignore or to care and he chose to care. This was a perfect example of how we humans differ from other animal species where we have the power to decide and do what is right or wrong where as most species of animals are just driven by instinct. So let's be grateful that whatever force that created us, gave us the ability to think freely and act accordingly for without our free will we are no different from the rest of the animal kingdom. Let's use this free will to care for one another then destroy one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment